In this course, you will develop simple command-line programs in Python.
• Set up Python and develop a simple application.
• Declare and perform operations on simple data types, including strings, numbers, and dates.
• Declare and perform operations on data structures, including lists, ranges, tuples, dictionaries, and sets.
• Write conditional statements and loops.
• Define and use functions, classes, and modules.
• Manage files and directories through code.
• Deal with exceptions.
This course is designed for people who want to learn the Python programming language in preparation for using Python to develop web and desktop applications.
It is recommended, but not required, that you have at least six months experience programming in an object-oriented language. Even if you don't, this course can be useful to those that are new to programming.
To ensure your success in the course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of personal computer use.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking either of the following Logical Operations courses, or have equivalent experience:
• Using Microsoft Windows 8.1
• Microsoft Window 8.1: Transition from Windows 7